Well, I (Shaun) have officially passed all necessary tests to begin practice as a chiropractor. I am waiting for my state license to arrive, after which I will only need to register for a business license.
In the meantime, I am constantly pondering simple or conservative ways to attract new patients or advertise myself in a way that will accomplish that task. If any of you have any ideas other than contacting family (which hasn't worked out at all so far) or sending out fliers (not exactly an effective activity) please let me know. Even better, if any of you or anyone you know is looking for a chiropractor/healthcare professional please let me know or them know about me. I am in Draper, there is no wait, and my prices are extremely fair (maybe not so much for me).
The good new? I officially have an office now. I'm so excited to sit in my office and think. It's great!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Daddy teaching Cassia how to crawl
Its all over if he falls!
Black & White at the beach
Look what came out of the dryer!
Doesn't she fit nicely in there
Smiling at Dad
First Bath
She liked it a lot
Baby Cassia & Daddy
Sweet little thing
Two young kids
It looks like he might crush her
5 comments:
Congratulations Dr. Reynolds! If we lived closer we would so be patients of yours:) I wish I had some good ideas for patients, my one piece of advice is to get online...in Portland they have city search--do they have that in Draper? I don't know, but GOOD LUCK!!!!
hey! your post made me think of something- i worked at that beauty school for 12 years, and we had a chiropractor who used to come in and do classes every once in a while (i'd say every 2-3 months) to talk to the students about how to maintain good posture while they're working (standing and sitting all day), shoes, etc., and he'd sometimes do a demo or ask if anyone in the class has back problems, etc. At the end of the class, he would give offer the students a free evaluation at his office or something, for anyone who came to see him. I have no idea what his return was from the classes, but it was enough that he kept coming back! And I'm sure that would be valuable info for students in other vocational schools- culinary, massage therapy, etc. Just an idea!
My brothen in law is a chiropractor out in Oregon City. He does pretty darn well. one of the ways he was able to start up was by hosting dinners. I don't know where he would hold the dinners but he would advetise them for a few weeks, go into lots of different businesses to introduce himself and tell them about the informational free dinners and then at the dinner he would talk about back health and other chiropractory things. He would hand out the free exam cards as well. I know he would always talk about the dinners so I know they worked for him. I know when my brother was building up his dental practice he made good friends with all th surrounding businesses. Treat them well and they will treat you well. The only real cruddy thing is that it costs to get started. But the return usually starts to come after that. Good luck with everything!! Miss you guys!
One thing the Chiropractor I did that worked was he some how got a monthly list of all the new move-in in the postal zip code that his office was in. He would send them a letter welcoming them to the neighborhood, and with a voucher for a fee initial exam. We probably got 2 or 3 calls a month from that.
Congrats! You could post an advertisement in the local community paper with a coupon. If you do the dinners as suggested by the Tracy family maybe one of the businesses would be willing to cater the dinner for their advertisment purposes. Good luck!
Post a Comment