Sunday, September 21, 2008

Final Finals, Finally!!

This last week I took my last finals......FOREVER! (I hope) I was able to complete all of my classes without any hiccups. I still haven't heard back about the last test, but I think I passed. Anyway, I do not have any more classes to take. I can't believe I'm free. Ask me if I have any homework to do........ NOPE!!! ha ha ha. AHHHH, it feels so good.

Not only did I finish my classes this week, but I also took the school's 11th quarter exit exam. It was pretty nerve racking. They give you 4 cases and 30 minutes per case. They have a patient simulator and an evaluator in the room (who doesn't speak at all!). We take a complete patient history, do a focused physical exam depending on the patient's presenting complaint, give a working diagnosis, and recommend treatment plans, supplements, and alternatives as well as refer out when necessary. A score of 70% must be reached on at least 3 of the 4 cases to pass. I was able to pass with a 96, 91, 75, and 70. I knew I was weak in one area, so that 70% actually was a very acceptable score for me (the diagnosis was bronchitis, which I most likely won't be treating anyway).

NOT ONLY did I get good news about my grades, but I was also informed on thursday evening that the preceptorship with Dr Jones (in draper) was accepted and we will officially be moving on Oct 17-18 back to Utah, unless something strange happens. It would be very helpful if any of you in the area would mention to your family and friends that you know a new chiropractor in the area. That would be greatly appreciated.

All in all it was a pretty darn good week!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats Shaun.

Toshia said...

I am so excited for you guys, although I am going to be so sad to see you move back to Utah! Oh well, gives us an excuse to visit Draper the next time we come through :)

The Fuhrmann's said...

Hey, if you guys come through Ontario, OR let me know if you guys need a rest by the time you get that far. Deny and I are not that far from the freeway and it is easy to find our place. We would love to see you and if not then next time that we are in Utah I will give you a call.
And congratulations!!!

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Congratulations Shaun! That is awesome. We are so excited for you guys to move back!

Daddy teaching Cassia how to crawl

Daddy teaching Cassia how to crawl
Its all over if he falls!

Black & White at the beach

Black & White at the beach

Look what came out of the dryer!

Look what came out of the dryer!
Doesn't she fit nicely in there

Smiling at Dad

Smiling at Dad

First Bath

First Bath
She liked it a lot

Baby Cassia & Daddy

Baby Cassia & Daddy
Sweet little thing

Two young kids

Two young kids
It looks like he might crush her